Nominations sought for
2011 Austin Rotary
Awards for Community
Service, Educator of the
Year and Public Service
More Information Here
Click on this link for
must be received by
Rotary is an organization of businesses and professional leaders
united worldwide who provide humanitarian service, encourage
high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world. The Austin Rotary club was established in 1920 and consists of a diverse group of professionals from the Austin community. Membership in Rotary offers a number of benefits, including:
- Effecting change with the community
- Developing leadership skills
- Gaining an understanding of and having an impact on international humanitarian issues
- Developing relationships with community business leaders
The Austin Rotary club meets every Monday at noon. For more information contact:
From the earliest days of the organization, Rotarians were concerned with promoting high ethical standards in their professional lives. The 4-way test created in 1932 by Rotarian Herbert J Taylor was adopted by Rotary in 1943. It asks the following four questions:
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?